Ecuadorian Hearts of Palm Ceviche
Difficulty level: easy
1 can of Julia’s Farms Spaghetti
½ large red onion, thinly sliced
2 diced tomatoes
1 grated tomato
6 green lemons, juice
1 large orange, juice
½ bunch of coriander finely chopped
1 tablespoon of oil can be a neutral flavor oil such as avocado or sunflower
salt to taste
1. Mix the hearts of palm with half of the lemon juice and all of the orange juice.
2. Soak the sliced onions in cold water with a teaspoon of salt for about 5-10 minutes. Sift and rinse well. This helps remove the bitter taste of the onion.
3. Mix the washed purple onion slices, the chopped tomato, half the finely chopped cilantro, the rest of the lemon juice, and salt to taste. Let it marinate for 5-10 minutes.
4. Mix the marinated hearts of palm with the onion and tomato tanning. Add the rest of the chopped coriander.
5. Add the grated tomato and oil, and mix well. Taste and adjust the salt to your liking. Let the ceviche marinate for at least 30 minutes – in the refrigerator – before serving.